Thursday, September 1, 2016

Outdoor School and Oregon Thespian State Festival

A few questions have come my way, so I'd like to offer some clarification for those considering auditions for The Hanging Girl.

ONE:  Outdoor School
I very much celebrate the mission of outdoor school, and I admire the students who so passionately participate each year.  That said, I cannot allow anyone to miss an entire week of rehearsals for this production.  This means you will have to choose between the show and outdoor school this fall.

TWO:  State Festival
The Hanging Girl is being submitted for State Showcase at the Oregon Thespian State Festival.  Though it's always a long shot, if selected, this production will be remounted in the spring and toured to the State Festival. This has happened before in 2012, when Ablaze: an a cappella musical thriller was selected.  It's a lot of work, but an extraordinary honor.  This is tricky in terms of auditions.  Because it's always so unlikely that a show is selected, I don't want to prevent anyone from auditioning who feels they'll be unavailable in the spring.  That said, I will have to take spring conflicts into consideration to a degree.  What does this mean?  It will be about size of role. If you doubt your willingness to participate in the State Festival Showcase, I will need to know that on your audition form.  And it will be taken into consideration as I consider the larger roles in the show.

If you have any questions about either of these issues, please email me directly:  matthew.b.zrebski@gmail.com


1 comment:

  1. Very interesting blog. Alot of blogs I see these days don't really provide anything that I'm interested in, but I'm most definately interested in this one. Just thought that I would post and let you know. jogos friv4school gratis , jogo friv , friv play

    ReplyDelete