Saturday, December 16, 2017

Actor Prep - Winter Break


Actor Preparation Over Winter Break

You may certainly work with the current draft, but when new scripts are published around 1/27, it will be important to do a few things...or nine.  :)

ONE
Read your play carefully and look closely at your dialogue.  What are the things you say that are particularly informative about your character...lines that give you an anchor - a strong foundation on which you can develop your full transformation.

TWO
What are the things other characters say about you?  How does their perception help inform your characterization?

THREE
What are aspects of the character that are very much like you?
What are aspects that are very much different?
Think about these things both psychologically and physically.

FOUR
Find a piece of music that helps you to transform into character.
Is this a song that would be the "soundtrack of their life"?
Is this a song they would simply love to listen to?
Is this a song that simply helps you find the "feel"?
All of the above?
All are valid.

FIVE
Find a particular gesture - something physical that helps you transform.  If you were to repeat this gesture over and over - for a minute or so...would it help you drop into character?

SIX
What is the secret your character holds that no one else knows? - not the other characters and not the audience.

SEVEN
If your character were an animal, what animal would they be?

EIGHT
If your character were an inanimate object, what object would they be?

NINE
What is your character's favorite season and why?

Please journal about these things...keep good notes...come into January rehearsals having done some solid preparation.


9 comments:

  1. I want to read your articles.They are my cup of tea. The information is essential for me.I have a fondness for your post. Really thank you!
    autoketing
    Discount master
    Discount master app

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.Bookmarked this site. You absolutely have wonderful stories.I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page.
    autoketing
    sales pop master
    sales pop master online

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.Bookmarked this site. You absolutely have wonderful stories.I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page.
    y8 games unblocked
    friv3play games unblocked
    friv5 games unblocked

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading.Bookmarked this site. You absolutely have wonderful stories.I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page.
    scribble party games
    shell shockers games
    duck life space games

    ReplyDelete
  5. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!


    rise up up games
    snail bob 7 fantasy story free
    red ball 5 online

    ReplyDelete
  6. My brother recommended I might like this website. He was entirely right. This post truly made my day. You can’t imagine simply how much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
    free online games 2019
    jogos friv

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the information. I follow your news daily. We would love to hear more from you, just keep posting. Cheers.

    online car games at googy
    friv Games to play
    www y8 games

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really impressed! Everything is very open and very clear explanation of issues. It contains truly information. Your website is very useful.
    One more times will go until a clear winner is determined. If you run out of tire, or have a mechanical failure, you forfeit your place.
    miniclip com 2019,
    play a10games,
    Jogo para menina

    ReplyDelete
  9. A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a one. jogos io gratis
    friv Games to play
    2player game online

    ReplyDelete