Thursday, February 12, 2015

A note from Ellen...



To the cast and crew of Prime:

As I said to Matt recently, I could go on and on about every single one of you. You each bring unique talents and presence to  the show. Most of all, you each bring such heart and dedication--and that, in the end, is what makes the world of our play come alive.

And what a world it is! I've truly never seen a show quite like this. Audiences will come away from every performance feeling like they've been transported. (I expect we may hear responses like "I'm not sure what that was . . . but it was cool.") All created by actors, designers, and crew all breathing life into every moment, every inch of the stage. 

I never expected that this high school production would be one of the most satisfying experiences I've had as a playwright, but that has been the case. Thank you all.

My friend Matt, of course,  brings magnificent gifts and profound commitment to everything he does--and I never want to take that for granted. Thank you, Matt, for believing in Prime and bringing out the best in it. 

As I was heading to the theatre last night, I thought back on how I came to write this play, and a simple answer occurred to me. I needed to be in a place where love wins. We play every moment of confusion, frustration, anger, fear--every odd rhyme and complex bit of verse--as truthfully as we can. And in the end, love wins.

That's what I need to believe, and every night for an hour an a half, you all let me live in that world. 

Thank you and break a leg!

4 comments:

  1. here is such a great amount in this article I would never have considered all alone.I am looking forward on your next post, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!
    autoketing app shopify app free shipping bar Free shipping bar

    ReplyDelete

  2. food games online
    play basketball games
    soccer free online
    here is such a great amount in this article I would never have considered all alone.I am looking forward on your next post, I’ll attempt to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. friv Games
    jogo io
    2player games
    You there, this is really good post here. Thanks for taking the time to post such valuable information. Quality content is what always gets the visitors coming.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The article was great, I accidentally saw it and I was really attracted to it, hoping it would be well known.
    free kizi Games, pbs Games for boys, jogos friv gratis

    ReplyDelete